Well! Do I have a co-inky-dink to share today?! A while ago I posted the The Walking List which featured:
Sublist of Possible Walking Attire
1 A scuba suit.
2 Your pyjamas.
3 A fireman’s helmet and batman mask.
4 The Indians costume from The Village People.
5 Your birthday suit and a smile.
Well! Just yesterday while pottering round my local park, lo and behold, what should I see but 3 fine strapping gents following my fashion advice!!
Members of the Belfast branch of my fan club!
Obviously they were avid followers and not just your common or garden firemen (I’m totally omitting the fact the local bowling green was smouldering). I did a quick duck and roll into a nearby bush to avoid autographs and waited until nightfall just in case I would be accosted by adoring fans. I was afraid they would catch me taking random photos so had an “oh I’m birdwatching” spiel at the ready.
In other news, I recently kitted my house out with TiVo and Netflix. If you ever wanted to sit on your couch until your brains poured out your ear like porridge….trust me, this is the quickest route. Although it has it downfalls. I can only assume my daughter has been smuggling horror movies under her blanket. All week she has adopted a creepy throaty rasp and warned me “I will take you and bring you to my lair” while brandishing some cooking tongs. This has led to one or two musings:
- Obviously I’m not the parental mastermind I thought I was.
- Are all my internal locks secure?
- Does the Catholic Church deploy exorcists if you haven’t been to mass since 1991?
- Is it wrong to barricade an ‘under 10’ in her own room?
- How many hours can the human body function without sleep due to an unhinged child??
In an effort not to contemplate my demise I’ll move swiftly on…
One of my favourite blogs is The Free Will Blogger, he wrote a post the other day about parenting styles. Following on his heels I chose this poem for today…it been one of my mum’s favourites for years, which quite frankly, explains a lot.
Walk All Over Cancer update:
• Steps walked so far today: 1,260
• Steps walked so far this week: 1,260
• Steps to walk by Wednesday: 68,740
• Today’s walking weather: Belfast is still a slow starter on the Spring front. Got a few beautiful days but obviously the Weather found the effort overwhelming so now it’s dull again. Ho hum.
• Other information: Fell short of last weeks goals by about 15,000 steps thanks to Paddy’s day and the hangover that followed. I can only try, try and try again!