This is the third time I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award and it feels nothing short of amazing! Thanks sooo much to Vesna for the nomination! Vesna’s blog Whisper is all about her home country Macedonia and other places she has visited with some really beautiful photography – go take a look!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community. I am mighty flattered this the the third time a fellow blogger feels my little musings satisfy the criteria!
1. Thank the person who nominated you for a blog post and links back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. Display the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
These are the questions Vesna asked (although I’ve been asked some of these before I’m gunna go right on ahead and answer them again since I love the sound of my own voice!)
1. What are the goals for your blog?
I don’t have any! I’m enjoying writing far more than I expected and am astounded anyone is reading my blog, so I’m happy to just have a platform to share my word porridge!
2 Do you have any unusual fears or phobias?
Wrinkles, they terrify me to the bone.
3 What is one thing you hope to do in 2018?
To leave this year a happier woman than when I came into it. Gleefully I can report that although we’re only in March I have achieved my goals already. Yippee!!
4. If you had the chance of a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently and why?
I’d tell myself not to to worry so much. Time passes (at a tooth-grindingly slow snails pace during the tough times) and things have a way of sorting themselves out. Worrying – other than giving you the dreaded wrinkles and being a complete thief of your time – will solve as many of your problems as standing on your head blowing bubbles will.
5. If you could keep only five possessions, what would they be?
- A baby picture of my beautiful daughter that my mum had taken professionally as a surprise.
- A small photo album of family pictures I took as a kid with a wind-on camera.
- A necklace with 2 pendants my mum gave me.
- A locket my daughters dad gave me when she was born with her photos in it.
- My phone, I use it all the live long day for everything and it drives me bananas if I lose it.
6. What does a perfect day look like to you?
Ideally, discovering the winning lottery ticket at the bottom of my purse and finally blowing this one horse town. Realistically, I’m easy pleased. If I get a day at any beach town on the Irish coast, fish and chips on a harbour wall and an ice-cream with sprinkles for the drive home I’m a very happy woman.
7 If you could have one magical power what would it be and why?
To see into the future/time travel so I can dodge all incoming problems with ease. Also, so I can finally know there’s life on other planets.
8 What’s your favorite mythical creature?
Dragons!!!! A few summers ago I would go for a 9 mile walk every weekend. While walking I would alway end up imagining what type of dragon I would be (jet black with golden tipped scales). What can I say? I was watching a lot of Game of Thrones at the time.
9 What hobbies do you have?
Walking, watching any movie I can get my hands on, crochet, being with the people who make me happy and now….blogging!
10 What would be your dream holiday?
Swimming with pigs in Barbados….as God is my witness! I will swim with those pink butterballs one day!!
11 What are the Top 3 ways you want to improve yourself?
To be more proactive about being happy.
To not lose the head and get angry – actually to banish anger out of my life once and for all.
To get my body in slightly better shape.
My nominees (this time around I don’t have a full 11 nominees, but the blogs I did nominate are firmly on my favourites list – check ’em out!)
- What’s your favourite animal and why?
- If you had to be a character in any book who would you be?
- What habit would you like to kick?
- What would you like to achieve before the year is out?
- If you could live in any known fictional land (for example Wonderland or Narnia) where would you live?
- What uplifting thought or quote you do you live your life by?
- Share one thing that makes you really happy.
- Share something you’re proud of.
- Do you have any unusual party tricks?
- Who’s your favourite band?
- If you could fly or be invisible which would you choose?
As ever there no pressure to respond but I love your blogs and I’m a nosy type!
Thanks again Vesna!